The BYOD program is open to all students, new and existing and provides:
- Device choice- Purchasing flexibility
- More direct parental control of devices
Devices must meet the Minimum Specifications to ensure they are able to be set up for use within the school network.
Windows 10 Professional will run any required school programs, so this is our recommended operating system.
Students who opt for a Mac - depending on subject requirements - may still need to run windows programs. Running Windows applications on a Mac will require extra software or configuration - please refer to the BYOD Charter and BYOD Software Applications for details.
How to Participate:
- Read the BYOD Charter which explains the program, and minimum device specifications.
- Select a device that meets minimum specifications:
Prepare the device by installing Microsoft Office software.
Complete the BYOD Charter Agreement and return it to the main office, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From a retailer;
- existing family owned device;
- or from one of the BYOD Purchasing portal links on this page.
Note - You do not need to buy Antivirus or Microsoft Office at Retail Prices. Microsoft Office is available free to EQ students. Refer to BYOD Software Applications for details.Devices can be self-enrolled at home and will then connect automatically to the school network. Instructions are here. Contact IT if you have any issues connecting. 2021 Year 7 students
- The IT Helpdesk will send an email in the school holidays, with student login details, to allow laptops to be self-enrolled at home.
- At this stage laptops are not required on Day 1 - wait until directed by your teachers.
The following devices are not suitable for BYOD
- Windows 10S. (The 's' mode is a special version Windows 10 that must be upgraded to Windows 10 Professional at home. Refer to instructions here.)
- Windows 8
- Windows RT
- Android devices
- Linux distributions (eg Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora etc)
- Any other version of software not listed in the BYOD Charter.